My dad suggested I leave Mermother for a while and come back to it but I was reluctant to do this. Now that I've started this new novel, however, and it's coming easily, I'm thinking I will follow his advice. Maybe I won't even publish Mermother at all? Would that be a shame? I can't decide.
I do feel that I shouldn't even look at Mermother until the new one is done. It might jinx this new novel somehow.