Sunday, March 31, 2013

Finding readers?



I'm not sure how to find people to read Mermother. I'm lucky to have some very tolerant friends who plowed through the first draft and felt it had promise. But beyond these brave souls, I'm not sure what to do. It seems horribly presumptuous to impose my book on others. I have told people I know. I have asked Vancouver Island Regional Library. I have asked 28 local booksellers. Now what? Sometimes you find something good in surprising places so I will not lose hope. 

Tomorrow I start It's Personal again so Mermother will have to fend for herself. 

I read this article about Stephenie Meyer and it steeled me for any negative feedback I might get. 


This article and the reader comments seem exceptionally cruel and irrelevant. At least she has made a good living from her books. 

(Photo credit: E.J. Wolfe)

No comments:

Post a Comment