Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Mermother discussion questions
I didn't have any. So I wrote some up today while waiting in the car and sitting next to the playground. (I have since revised these questions—Wai-Kay felt that I was giving away the surprise.)
Mermother Discussion Questions
1. How would you describe Briony's personality?
2. In your opinion, is Briony a reliable narrator? Do you believe her story - why or why not?
3. Do you think the mermaids are predominantly animal or human?
4. What do you think of the mermaids' methods to achieve their goals?
5. How does the pursuit of wealth influence the plot?
6. Who is the most powerful character? Why?
7. Which relationships could be classified as healthy? Which ones as abusive?
8. What was your favourite part?
9. How do you think Briony feels about her experience in the sea by the end of the book?
10. What do you think Briony will do in the next book?